Center for Employment Education
HomeTrainingContact UsNews

To apply for the 6-week Basic Driver Training - CDL A course
1.Download and read the Minimum Qualifications to obtain a CDL. Be sure you meet those requirements.

2.Click and select the CEE Application, complete and submit it online. AND,

3.Click and select the 6-week Basic Driver training Questionnaire, complete and submit it online.

Once we receive your completed application and questionnaire, you will receive a tentative registration letter via postal mail from our office. This letter will outline the remaining requirements and documentation you must provide by our deadline for the class you have selected. You may also provide this letter to your potential funding agency acknowledging your intent to enroll in our course.

The tuition is $10,000.00, Book Fee $75.00, DOT Substance Test $70.00, TSA HME Threat Assessment (fingerprinting) $86.50, and DMV Fees of $135.00 (Commercial Learners Permit (CLP) $15 & Commercial Driver License (CDL) $120. If you are upgrading from a CDL C or B to a CDL A, the License Fee is only $35). Along with our tuition and fees, there are additional expenses you will be required to self-pay. 

  • DMV Alaska Individual Lifetime driver history – This document can be obtained online from the Alaska DMV website or in person at a local Alaska DMV office. The fee is $10.00.
  • DOT Medical Exam – This cost may vary depending on the provider you choose. The provider must be on the National Registry to conduct DOT medical exams. The average cost is $115.00.
  • DOT Substance Screening – This screening is required before final acceptance to attend training and will place you in a random drug and alcohol testing pool for the duration of your training program. This screening is conducted by our DOT substance testing provider by referral with our form only. The average cost is $70.00 depending on testing location in the city closest to you and must be pre-paid to CEE prior to testing.
  • TSA Hazardous Materials Endorsement – To obtain a Hazardous Materials Endorsement (HME) on your CDL, you must undergo a threat assessment fingerprint and background check conducted by TSA. The fee is $86.50 payable directly to the TSA office at the time of the screening. For more information and to determine what documentation you will need go to:  This can be completed prior to attending training.

Items needed to complete your application by the deadline that will be stated in your registration letter.

Our classes have limited enrollment and only applicants with confirmed funding will be enrolled if space is still available once the proper documentation is received. To reserve a spot in a class, you are required to pay a down payment of $500.00 which will be applied to your total enrollment cost.
If your funding provider will be paying your entire tuition, we will refund your deposit upon payment in full from them.

        1.Confirmation of funding: 
            a.Second-party funding: you will need to provide a confirmation or authorization letter with billing 
                information from that provider
            b.Self-pay: payment in full is required 30 days prior to the start of the class
        2.Alaska Individual Lifetime Driver History
        3.Readable Copy of Alaska Driver License
        4.Copy of Social Security Card *Must be signed
        5.DOT Medical Examiners Certificate from the medical provider

Once we receive a completed enrollment package with confirmed funding and determine your eligibility for the training program, we will contact you to collect payment and provide you with a schedule for the pre-training substance testing. Once the results are received you will be notified of your enrollment status and if accepted, we will provide the details on the class start date and schedule.

Additional Information to note:
In order to comply with the State of Alaska Real ID requirement you MUST have one of the following Government Issued Documents when going to DMV to obtain your CDL License. Applicant must provide proof of document prior to training.

  • Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card
  • U.S. State or Territory Issued Birth Certificate
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Valid Permanent Resident Card
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Certificate of Citizenship

For more information about this Federal law, go to or an Alaska DMV.